Betta fish are vulnerable to diseases. The list of a few of them is as follows along with their cause, symptoms, and treatment.
- Dirty water is the cause of fin rot disease.
- Shortening of a tail, often it may dissolve or falls apart
- Clumping of fins
- Change in color of fins
- 100% water change
- API FIN & BODY CURE Freshwater Fish Powder Medication 10-Count Box (Ampicillin)
API Betta (Tetracycline)BUY
- Frozen live food is the cause of this disease as they often have bacteria and parasites.
- White dots appearing on head, eyes or body.
- Stopped eating
- Scratching on pant, tank or gravel even.
- API Super Ick
- API AQUARIUM SALT Freshwater Aquarium Salt
- Cause of this disease is feeding the live food to the fish.
- Bulging eyes
- Bloated belly
- String-like feces
- Swollen body
- Raised scales
- No known treatment of this disease yet.
- Unconditioned and dirty water
- White film appear on the eye
- API FIN & BODY CURE Freshwater Fish Powder Medication 10-Count Box (Melafix)
- Overfeeding dry foods
- Swollen stomach
- Inability to poop
- Disinterest in food
- Feed your fish a few cooked peas
- HIKARI Bio-Pure Freeze Dried Daphnia for Pets (Daphnia)
- Caused by crustacean parasite that feeds and lays an egg on betta fish
- Parasites attached to the skin or fins
- MercuroChrome Antiseptic 1oz Prevent infection in cuts, scrapes and burns QTY-3 (Mercurochrome)
- It is caused by bacteria that attack inner organs and often cause immediate death.
- Raised scales,
- Deteriorating fins and scales
- Signs of weight loss
- Rotten body and fins
- Red patches in the belly
- Gray lesion
- There is no cure for this disease.
- Saprolegnia bacteria
- Poor diet
- Unclean or dirty water
- Cotton-like growth around the bettas’ mouth
- White spots along the mouth and fins
- Regular Water Change
- Aquarium salt
- Seachem Cupramine Copper 250ml (Active copper)