As being the second home, schools serves a number of purposes in student’s life. A child spends his/her maximum time in school for getting knowledge, good etiquette and to learn the importance of team work and socialization. The school infrastructure plays an important role for child growth.
Few of us might argue that spaces don’t matter for studies because knowledge is immaterial. But never forget that the physical context is secondary after education; and it is extermely important to concentrate in what you are reading.
Do you know the importance of having a good school infrastructure? The conditions of schools directly impact the performance of the students so make sure to provide them a favorable environment for their holistic development.
Heritage Xperiential Learning School is one of the best schools India that has given great emphasis on infrastructure and modish creative spaces for young learners. They provides well air conditioned large classroom which are interactive with modern learning technique. They also create an extra curricular for the students to utilize their inner potential in a fun and creative way.
Because it is true that the best school infrastructure, with renewed spaces can makes it possible for kids and youth who live in remote areas to study.
Condition for a quality school infrastructure
According to the experts, school should follow these parameters to provide their students best & quality infrastructure:
- Comfort for students, administrators and teachers: A valuable space for teachers and students, with water, electricity and internet services, with and adequate temperature, ventilation and lighting as well as sanitary services for a healthy and fresh environment.
- Spaces for the well development of Youth: To maintain the importance of sports and culture provide a well organized space for the development of talents.
- Development of rehearsals and practices: Spaces for important aspects like libraries, natural sciences, information technology, chemistry and physics labs.
Always remember that the improvement of the physical conditions of schools is as close as other inputs like; motivation, good teachers, technology, libraries, student services and home environment.
Effects of infrastructure on education quality
According to a survey, it is found that investments to improve school infrastructure has positive reviews on the education quality. Three important dimensions are:
- Teacher Motivation: After collecting the data it is founded that schools who provides good infrastructure have, on average, 10 % less absenteeism than teachers in schools with deficient infrastructure. Good infrastructure had a greater effect on reducing absenteeism than teacher salaries or also put the positive effect of the administrative tolerance for absences.
- Learning Results: Studies carried out in united stated which was conducted by 21 st Century School Fund In 2010, they found positive results which are satistically significant between school infrastructure and standardized tests tests to measure the learning process in several part of the country. Also found higher results with lower student socio economic levels.
- Attendance and completion of academic cycle period: According to UNESCO report, they found that the school dropout rate in Latin America is 17% which is less than rural areas as compares to urban areas. Few of studies have found that the physical conditions of school buildings positively affects on school’s cycle completion rates and completion and increases registration. For example The World Bank, in Peru found that investments in school facilities had a very significant positive effect on student’s attendance rates.
It is proven that there is direct relationship between education performance and school infrastructure because investments in educational infrastructure contribute to positive result of education and the economic performance of countries. So it is essential for authorities to observe the significant role of infrastructure interacting with other educational inputs.