Is there any person in the world who likes growing old? No, right?
Wrinkles are the most visible signs of growing old. They make you aware of the relentless passage of time. Wrinkles remind us that no one is spared from aging, and that our youthful skin and looks are fleeting.
Though wrinkles are a natural progression of increasing age, people want to avoid these and to remain younger for a longer time. The moment the first wrinkle shows up around the eyes or near the corners of the mouth, we begin searching for the best anti-wrinkle cream.
But which are the right anti aging skincare products to use? How can we modify our diet and lifestyle to delay skin aging? Read on to know more about the best skincare ingredients to reduce wrinkles and good skincare habits that will keep wrinkles away.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Our skin has lesser inherent moisture and gets dehydrated with advancing age. That is when fine lines and wrinkles, crow’s feet, laugh lines etc start becoming more prominent.
Further, collagen and elastin levels in our skin start decreasing. Collagen is the protein present in our skin structure that aids in the growth of new skin cells. With age, our skin produces lesser collagen, and loses its elasticity and suppleness. New skin cells are produced at a lower rate than earlier, as skin cell turnover reduces. This leads to dull, patchy skin that looks jaded.
Besides advancing age, certain lifestyle choices also aid in premature wrinkles. Excessive stress on facial muscles while sleeping on the side, repeated expressions like frowning, too much exposure to the sun’s UV rays, pollutants, etc. accelerate the appearance of wrinkles on the face.
The following aggravate the occurrence of wrinkles:
- An unhealthy lifestyle, with high-fat and high sugar diet. Our skin ages faster with a trans-fat laden diet.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol dehydrates the skin.
- Smoking causes skin dryness and leads to early wrinkles.
- Skin dehydration from medications or certain topical ointments lead to fine lines.
- Direct exposure to UV rays and pollution damages the skin texture irrevocably.
It therefore follows, that in order to avoid wrinkles or premature skin aging, you need to avoid the above as far as possible.
Good skincare habits and a regular skincare regimen using the best anti wrinkle serum and anti aging face oil can keep your skin youthful for a long time.
What ingredient is best for wrinkles?
Some skincare ingredients to reduce wrinkles are:
- Pure Vitamin C
- Vitamin Cg (Ascorbyl Glycoside)
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Calcium PCA
- Copper PCA
You can adopt an anti wrinkle skincare routine that aims at hydrating your facial skin and providing antioxidant protection. Take special care of the delicate under eye region that shows the signs of aging first.
- Start your night time skincare routine with an anti aging face oil that repairs and replenishes your skin at night. With the goodness of Squalane – a plant based lipid, and Lavender Essential and Evening Primrose oils, this lightweight night time facial oil fights the signs of aging to give you youthful, glowing skin. It is suitable for all types of skin and ensures soft, supple and hydrated skin.
- Repair and firm up your skin with an anti wrinkle serum that has Pure Vitamin C, Vitamin Cg, and Fragmented Hyaluronic Acid. This efficacious serum minimizes pores and provides deep hydration. Say goodbye to signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin. This serum repairs your damaged skin cells, and prevents the accumulation of dead skin cells on the surface, thus giving you radiant, healthy, smoother skin on regular use.
- Moisturize your face with an anti wrinkle cream that reduces fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing out your skin texture. This pore reducing, fortifying anti aging cream has Copper PCA and Calcium PCA to strengthen your skin’s moisture barrier and improve skin elasticity. This leads to lesser fine lines and wrinkles, to give more even toned, youthful skin.
- Do not forget to moisturize the skin under and around your eyes with a suitable eye cream. Make sure your eye cream is gentle and clinically proven to reduce crow’s feet, dark circles and lines around the eyes. Choose an anti wrinkle eye cream with potent ingredients like Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) and Haloxyl to brighten and firm up your eye skin. You get refreshed, younger looking, brighter eye skin with regular use.
Get these top-rated skincare solutions from the world of Kiehl’s, and amp up your anti wrinkle skincare regimen.